March 10 – March 31, 2009
Lauren asked what color her eyes were. “Green”, I said. “Oh”, she said with obvious disappointment, “I wish they were purple!”. Inspiration struck, “And you could have pink eyes and Jackson could have orange eyes and Babbo could have blue eyes!”. So far, Simon is the only one who has lived up to her ideals. A few days later, Jackson and I were working on his autobiography (Dr. Seuss’s My Book about Me). He was supposed to color the eyes of a face with his eye color. Jackson looked at all the examples of different colored eyes that Dr. Seuss had provided and was intrigued. Though he colored his picture with blue eyes, he said “If I could choose, I would have yellow eyes. Or maybe black if I were a kid-robber—then I could sneak around better at night!”.
Lauren has refused to accept the expression, “Silly Goose!”. She decided it was much better as, “Funny Goose!”. That has since evolved into “Funny Reindeer!”. Don’t ask me what goes on in her head. Indeed, she woke one night crying for me be cause she was scared of the dark. I turned on a light and went back to bed only to be awoken an hour later because she was scared of the light! Can't win.
Less than a week after returning from Korea, I turned around and headed to a conference in California. The conference—well, it was a conference, but at least it was on the beach. I also had a great time chatting with Simon’s brother, Jason, over lunch and chatting over a very long walk with Simon’s sister, Rachel. While I was gone Lauren found all the “L”’s that she could spot for me and didn’t let me out of her embrace for several days after I returned.
Love,
Jo, Simon, Jackson, and Lauren Mudge
No comments:
Post a Comment